What tools do I need for setting up suspension on mountain bike?
If you’re planning on setting up the suspension on your mountain bike, there are a few tools that you’ll need to have. This helps you to do the job correctly. Here are some of the essential tools that you’ll need to have when setting up your mountain bike suspension:
Firstly, what to consider about your mountain bike. Of course this may seem obvious, but you’ll obviously need your mountain bike to set up the suspension. Make sure that your bike is clean and in good working condition. Moreover you should use a secured bike stand before you start working on it.
1. Shock pump. With a shock pump you can adjust the air pressure. You can adjust the air pressure in your suspension fork and shock with it. First this is an essential tool when setting up suspension on mountain bike. Second it will allow you to fine-tune the amount of support and damping that your suspension provides.
2. Suspension sag meter. You can use a suspension sag meter in order to measure the amount of sag in your suspension. Sag is the amount that your suspension compresses under your weight. It’s important to have the correct amount of sag for your riding style and weight. With a suspension sag meter it is easy to measure sag and to ensure that your suspension is properly tuned. Alternatively you can simply use an inch stick, measuring tape or whatever you have at hand to measure length.
Some more tools for setting up the suspension on your mountain bike
3. Torque wrench. With a torque wrench you can tighten bolts to a specific torque setting. This is important when setting up suspension on mountain bike. In this way you can tighten bolts to the correct torque specification. This can prevent damage to your suspension components and help to ensure that they are secure and properly aligned.
4. Hex keys and sockets. You’ll need a set of hex keys and sockets to adjust the various bolts and screws on your suspension components.
5. SAGLY. A mobile app which helps you document, tune and compare your mountain bike settings. A MTB Suspension App for setting up suspension on mountain bike. Setups can be managed, edited, copied and much more. Your setups are shown in a nice and clear way. A notes field helps you to keep track of additional info, like what weather you created the setup in, and so on. You can calculate adjustments for wet conditions automatically. Another feature, the MTB Suspension App supports the rider with suggested solutions for problems with the chassis. This helps the rider to continuously improve the setup, while riding.
What other features does SAGLY have?
With the balance feature you can check if your setup is balanced between the rear and the front. Moreover it gives hints on how to improve and balance your suspension setup. In addition, you receive general tips & tricks as well as an explanation of terms for optimizing and maintaining the chassis. Another function supports you with suggested solutions for problems with the chassis.
In this way you can tune your mtb setup. The EASY SETUP GUIDE is part of the MTB suspension app SAGLY guiding you through a base setup by using the SAG. The user inputs the suspension part’s travel and the used travel when standing on the bike. This SAG calculator calculates the SAG based on these inputs and gives hints based on the result. The EASY SETUP GUIDE of SAGLY helps you to find an appropriate base setup by giving you recommendations for your tire pressure based on your weight and riding terrain. SAGLY provides you a lot of value, download it for free.
In addition to these tools, you may also need some additional items, such as a lube or degreaser. These tools help you to clean your suspension components. Also a a bike stand to hold your bike in place while you work on it. Finally with the right tools on hand, setting up suspension on mountain bike becomes easy. As a result you can enjoy improved performance and control on the trail.